The Grenson shoe business was founded in 1835 in Rushden, Northamptonshire, by William Green.
Their first real factory was opened in 1874, in fact the "Greens Yard" factory was the first factory in the world to use the Goodyear welt construction method for manufacturing gentlemen's shoes. "Green & Son" soon became Grenson.
In 1895, the company moved to a larger factory in Queens Street and they are still manufacturing gentlemen's shoes today.
The philosophy of the company has always been to produce high quality footwear by skilled craftsmen and that also remains the thinking today.
In the drive to cover a generation that requires a modern design in high quality components and still Goodyear welted but at a competitive edge, Grenson do have styles manufactured outside of their factory. However their commitment to their original philosopy is constant.