Romika was founded in 1922 by 3 business men. In 1936 the Romika trademark was transferred to Mr Hellmuth Lemm. The company then survived a turbulent period.
During the 1950 - !960, Romika were integral to the German Economic Boom and “ Made in Germany” became synonymous with Quality.
By the end of 1960, the Romika factories were expanding and they employed over 2,500 people.
The success of the brand continued into the 1980's. Mr Lemm died in 1988 and his family retired from business.
The Josef Siebel group took over the business in 2005.
The slogan “ The European Comfort Shoe” is a result of 75% of production remaining in Europe.